Monday, July 6, 2009

Two different kinds of oops

Last Friday, a couple of us journeyed to Playa Jaco, which is a beach on the Pacific side of the Costa Rican coast. We woke up at 5:30am to get a taxi at 6:00am to get to the coca cola factory at 6:30am to buy a ticket for the 7:00am bus that took two and a half hours to get to Playa Jaco at 9:30am, where we had to wait another hour for the rest of our group to arrive at 10:30am because they missed the first bus. All in all, it was a good trip. We passed through breath-taking scenery on nausea-inducing roads till we finally arrived at the beach, and thank god it wasn't rainy. We stayed there for a couple of hours, in which I somehow got sunburned only on the upper left side of my back. Framing the red patch of my skin, you can still see the white fingermarks from where I did put sunscreen on my skin. Oops. Another oops is that we accidentally drank tap water with our dinner, which turned out to be non-potable, meaning that if I suddenly go into the fetal position due to intense diarrhea cramps, I'll never drink tap water again without asking if it's been filtered 57 different times 54 different ways.




No comments:

Post a Comment